1st Tutoral with The Joe Gilmore

Today was my first tutorial for the final major project, since which I have changed my Statement of Intent, I have decided to use the voluntry and charity aspects of the initial brief to work towards my PPD, I have been in contact with Oblong a non profit organisation in Leeds who are looking for a Graphic Designer to work alongside the design team.

I spoke more about layout and appropiate work for my portfolio today as I have up and coming meetings which I really want to present an informed and proffessional portfolio. I also spoke through the D&AD Lloyds Brief which I simply just need to provide visials for.

My new intent and basis for research for this module is theme 'markets' as in your grocery/ meat kind of market not the gross economy type. Looking at type, slang and colour. I will post shortly in more detail.

I also had a chat with Matt Hodson (illustrator) who gave me direction for this market themed brief, as he is an illustrator he has a different approach to basically getting off the ground with a new brief. So thanks! Also great bit of research for my dissertation.

No comments:

Post a Comment